The 512 Film Festival uses FilmFreeway as it’s submission portal. Click the button below to be taken to our page and submit your work.
Awards & Prizes
The festival wishes to help student filmmakers make their future projects and that is why some of the awards we are giving out come with either film equipment we recommend or grant money for a future film. The award categories are currently:
Best Narrative Short
Documentary Student Short
Student Music Video
Young Filmmaker Award
Along with special recognition to films that highlight diversity in gender and race amongst their cast and crew.
Rules & Terms
* All applicants must be student productions. Films are not required to be class projects but class projects will be accepted.
* The director and producer of a production both must have been students during production of the film to be eligible. Must submit proof after submitting the film.
* Film must have been completed after January 2017 to be eligible. Any film completed before this date is ineligible.
* There are no premiere status requirements.
* Entry fees are non-refundable.
* Only short films under 20 minutes in length will be considered.
Applicants agree that '512 Film Festival' reserves the right to choose all films to be shown and awarded prizes. By Submitting to the 512 Film Festival, you agree to have your film shown during the festival dates, and to have your film promoted in accordance with the rules. You agree that you are in possession of all rights to images, likenesses, and music in your film. Your fee paid to 512 Film Festival is in consideration of acceptance to the festival, and you are not selling any rights to your film, and 512 Film Festival does not own any permanent rights to your film. 512 Film Festival and the organization hosting the festival, Delta Kappa Alpha, have the right to use images from your film on its website and in promotional materials for the festival.